Sunday, November 13, 2005

LogMeIn

Remember how I whined about MyWebExPC beginning to charge? I have completed the switch from MyWebExPC to LogMeIn. The process is straight-forward and I believe LogMeIn is faster. It's so fast that sometimes I use it to control my SageTV box instead of RealVNC. It also seems to reconnect automatically after the broadband connection fails, something that I had to create a work-around for with MyWebExPC.

Watch as you login and take control the first time. There are a couple of boxes that I check:


and


The only nuance I've found with LogMeIn is that the default action for timeout or disconnection of the controlling system is to lock the controlled system. That's easy to change by going to the Preferences screen as you initiate the login. Click on Remote Control Settings and uncheck all the boxes.

No comments: