Sunday, May 06, 2012

Another iSecret

I talked about my descent into Appleland. I have to admit that I've continued that descent. A co-worker of mine just had to have a "new iPad." He had a practically new iPad 2 that I took off his hands. Do you think I might buy a Mac next?

I did a factory reset on the iPad 2 and restored my wife's iPhone 4 from iTunes. That worked fine.

One thing I can't figure out is how to synchronize the Camera Rolls between the iPhone and the iPad. I turned on iCloud for the Photo Stream but that didn't do it. I'll keep looking.

I was looking for the Logitech Zagg case but started with an Acase. It works like Apple's Smart Cover.


Then I found the Logitech case on 1SaleADay for $20 and jumped on it.


I'm still searching for the Holy Grail of using a tablet to take notes in a business setting. I tried a Bluetooth keyboard on my TouchPad. Close but no cigar.

I tried a Google search and turned up the MyScript Memo app.


I had picked up a stylus on sale at BestBuy so I was ready.


The ability of MyScript to recognize handwriting is amazing. Even my wife can't read my handwriting but MyScript does. The app as downloaded from iTunes is really just a demo app as you can't save the recognized text. There's an in-app purchase for $2.99 to enable all the features.

Here's my handwriting.


The gray area below the handwriting is a movable palm shield.

Here's the recognized text.


Then I selected to send the text via e-mail.


There are a couple of issues. You only have that one screen to write on. Then you have to create another "note." Takes 2 taps. Also the formatting is severely limited which isn't a big deal except that you either can specify that there is a carriage return at the end of each line or there are no carriage returns.

No comments: