Sunday, April 21, 2013

2013 Honda i-MID

I knew in-car technology was going to come to this.

FASTOY X came to a sudden end recently in a pile of shattered glass and airbag dust.

Since I didn't have the luxury of picking the timing, my shopping for a replacement was somewhat shortened. Buy as usual I headed to my faithful Honda dealer.

I came home with FASTOY XI, a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L coupe with six-speed manual transmission.

I could write a book about the new FASTOY but for the moment I want to focus on one feature, really on one part of one feature.

Several of the new Hondas have Intelligent Multi Information Display (i-MID).

The i-MID interfaces with many of the Accord's systems and communicates it all on one screen. It displays everything from your current MPG to what's on the radio to incoming text messages.

But this post is all about one other capability of the i-MID. Honda has externalized many of the car's settings to the i-MID so you can configure how things operate that have never before been accessible.

I downloaded the owner's manual and captured the i-MID settings screens. There are 10 of them!


The groups are: System Settings, Vehicle Settings, Audio Settings, Info Settings, Phone Settings, and Camera Settings.

No comments: